Thursday, December 6, 2007

Thursday December 6, 2007

18 miles 2:22 Cherry Creek to Story Hills (Puma Cortland II)
I didn't run first thing this morning because I had to get an early start on polishing some rock samples before being able to look at them on the scanning electron microscope (SEM) later today. However, when I woke up it was dumping snow, and I was kinda glad to put my run off until the early afternoon.

As it was, I got out the door at 1pm. It had stopped snowing and a fresh 5-6" had turned everything back into a glorious winter wonderland; I love how pristine everything looks after a fresh snowfall. This ended up being a good run. For the first hour or so I was a tiny bit hesitant about my foot, but around 1:20 it felt completely fine and basically didn't hurt the rest of the run. That happened around the 1:20 mark yesterday too, so I don't know what's going on. The climb up the Story Hills gravel road was solid and it was a blast floating back down the trail in the fresh powder. All in all, I kept the pace very honest on this run.

No comments: